Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.
How do you react to zero? Is it a number/concept that scares you…or inspires you?
“Everyone starts from zero.” This is something I’ve sort of become “known” for, because I say it frequently.
It most happens like this:
“Shannon, I’d like to start an Instagram account, but I have no followers. Or, I have an idea for a new program, but what if no one signs up?
To which I say, “Everyone starts from zero.”
Consider these examples:
- Want to lose weight? You start at zero pounds lost.
- Want to paint a beautiful picture? You start with zero on your canvas.
- Want to read a book? Page zero is staring you in the face.
- Ready to run a marathon. Zero miles at the start line was never so exciting!
- Ready to make $5000 this month? On July 1, you started at zero dollars for your monthly income.
It’s been my experience that many people FEAR the zero. They see it as an obstacle, a mountain that is too rugged and high to climb, a number that has a negative connotation.
What might be possible for you if you embraced zero? How would your life and business change if you woke up every single day and said, “Yay! I’m a zero! What can I create today?”
I recently hosted a mini-training on embracing your zero. This was a Facebook Live Stream, and I’d like to share it with you today. (This video is a powerful 17 minutes, has over 270 views, and close to 50 comments (so far).)
As you watch the video, I encourage you to think about your relationship with zero—and how you think about zero, interact with zero, avoid zero, or embrace zero.
This is one of the many topics we will be talking about at my 3-day event, Time & Freedom LIVE!. We’d love to see you there, learn from you, and help you grow your business.